Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get together. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2221 Views )

Red Falcon
5995th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get together." , posted Sun 20 Apr 13:34post reply

It's been ages since the last (and only MMcafe get together, as far as I know)... I'm sort of debating holding one, as I've been incredibly bored as of recent. Any potential interest from any other East Coasters?

Best site EVER:Link Here

Replies:

Maou
1400th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Sun 20 Apr 14:57:post reply

quote:
It's been ages since the last (and only MMcafe get together, as far as I know)... I'm sort of debating holding one, as I've been incredibly bored as of recent. Any potential interest from any other East Coasters?

Aggh, this would've been fun, man--I was working in DC for a brief bit after school last year before moving on...we'll cross fists/swords in SF or Soul Calibur sooner or later!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Sun 20 Apr 14:57]

sfried
144th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Sun 20 Apr 16:01:post reply

How early are you thinking? I'm heading up there June 21-29.

[this message was edited by sfried on Sun 20 Apr 16:02]

emagius
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Mon 21 Apr 02:25post reply

I'd not be adverse to such, myself. I live in the area, so the exact date doesn't much affect me.

shindekudasai
188th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Mon 21 Apr 05:04post reply

Hmm ... I'm taking a cross-country trip (from south Florida) around the middle of July. One more stop couldn't hurt.

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

TreIII
102th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Mon 21 Apr 07:18post reply

quote:

If you ever start to actually get some thing concrete...you know I'll at least do what I can to help out...

Dokuganryu wa Date jya ne you see?

Nobinobita
315th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Mon 21 Apr 07:55post reply

quote:

I'd be up for it as long as it's in the DC area. I'm relatively new to the board, but I'm always up for meeting new people, especially if they play Street Fighter. I've met 2 other board members in the past randomly, and that was fun.

Red Falcon
5997th Post

"Re(2):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Mon 21 Apr 08:59post reply

quote:

I'd be up for it as long as it's in the DC area. I'm relatively new to the board, but I'm always up for meeting new people, especially if they play Street Fighter. I've met 2 other board members in the past randomly, and that was fun.

I actually live closer to Baltimore now, but I might actually go ahead and try to get things rolling. I'll post an update here when I think I have a definite date.

Red Falcon
6000th Post

"Re(3):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Tue 22 Apr 01:09post reply

Out of curiosity, what month/time of the week would be preferable to people?

Burning Ranger
1561th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Tue 22 Apr 08:03post reply

quote:
Out of curiosity, what month/time of the week would be preferable to people?

Definitely down for a meet-up, esp since I'm in No. Va. Memorial Day weekend?

Advanced Cybernetic Organism "Burning Ranger"

Red Falcon
6003th Post

"Re(5):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Wed 23 Apr 11:20post reply

quote:

That sounds okay. Everyone else okay with that? I'll post updates when it gets closer.

sfried
145th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Wed 23 Apr 12:21:post reply

quote:

That sounds okay. Everyone else okay with that? I'll post updates when it gets closer.

I'm probably going to have to sit out Memorial Day since I'd still have Summer Classes, but that's just me.

[this message was edited by sfried on Wed 23 Apr 12:27]

oroch
1015th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(7):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Sun 27 Apr 23:43post reply

quote:

I'm probably going to have to sit out Memorial Day since I'd still have Summer Classes, but that's just me.

Shoot I won't be back home till July oh well :(

Red Falcon
6006th Post

"Re(1):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Sat 3 May 02:26post reply

quote:

If anyone's up for it, I might just go ahead and have more than one. The "official" one around Memorial day, and a random one soon. Who would actually be interested in doing anything really soon? Shoot me a mail at

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
bugrom1067 at comcast.net

End of Spoiler

Red Falcon
6007th Post

"Thread revival!" , posted Sat 10 May 12:43post reply

quote:
If anyone's up for it, I might just go ahead and have more than one. The "official" one around Memorial day, and a random one soon. Who would actually be interested in doing anything really soon? Shoot me a mail at

Okay, as Memorial Day is getting a tad closer, who is still interested?

sfried
155th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Thread revival!" , posted Sat 10 May 12:47post reply

quote:

Still tied to my June date.

Burning Ranger
1562th Post

"Re(1):Thread revival!" , posted Sat 10 May 22:58post reply

quote:

Memorial Day is good for me and I think any other day except last week of June & first week of July.

Red Falcon
6008th Post

"Re(2):Thread revival!" , posted Sun 11 May 10:15post reply

quote:

Memorial Day is good for me and I think any other day except last week of June & first week of July.

Okay, I might still try two, one now and one later if this one goes decently. Any other interested parties?

emagius
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Thread revival!" , posted Mon 12 May 22:01post reply

Memorial Day works for me. As do most other days of the year.

Red Falcon
6009th Post

"Re(3):Thread revival!" , posted Tue 13 May 04:52post reply

quote:

Okay, I might still try two, one now and one later if this one goes decently. Any other interested parties?

Okay, Memorial Day it is, then. I posted my email address earlier in the thread, if anyone needs me to repost it let me know. Everyone interested shoot me a mail and we'll work out some more details and I'll give out contact info.

Red Falcon
6010th Post

"Final revival?" , posted Mon 19 May 08:52post reply

Last bump, shoot me a mail if you're interested. Just in case anyone was worrying, yes, we will play fighting games.

justicekyo
693th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Final revival?" , posted Mon 19 May 11:12post reply

quote:
Last bump, shoot me a mail if you're interested. Just in case anyone was worrying, yes, we will play fighting games.

any dates? i'd be interested.. but not until sometime in the summer. i'd be down for an all weekend romp.

Red Falcon
6012th Post

"Results" , posted Tue 27 May 09:00post reply

Well, thanks a lot for everyone coming by, hope you had a good time. Have to do it again soon, and next time you WILL be subjected to the Wand of Gamelon.

emagius
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Results" , posted Tue 27 May 10:50post reply

quote:
Well, thanks a lot for everyone coming by, hope you had a good time. Have to do it again soon, and next time you WILL be subjected to the Wand of Gamelon.

Well, if you're going to torture us like that...

Who am I kidding? I'm a glutton for punishment. ;)

Burning Ranger
1564th Post

"Re(1):Results" , posted Tue 27 May 11:15post reply

quote:

Link, mah boi! Mah boi. Mah boi. Mah boi.

Yeah, was a fun meetup.

nobinobita
357th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Results" , posted Wed 28 May 03:47post reply

quote:

Thanks for having us over, I had a great time! This man has the best collection of videogames Ive ever seen.

Entering your abode was like reentering my childhood dreams. You had just about every game I ever wanted as a kid, but couldn't get. All those great famicom carts (well ok, maybe A Week of Garfield wasn't "great", but it was interesting), and especially the PC-FX. Playing Battle Heat has satisfied a lifelong curiosity for me.

So thank you for opening your home to us, and being such a great host. We'll have to do it again sometime!

Maou
1437th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Results" , posted Wed 28 May 08:04post reply

This sounds like it was AWESOME. Wish I hadn't skipped town before it happened...I'm too lazy, but if New Yorkers schedule an event, we will rock the fighting games like it's 1999.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Red Falcon
6014th Post

"Re(1):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Thu 29 May 10:05post reply

quote:

Glad everyone enjoyed it, hope to have another one later this summer so maybe some others could make it (Oroch, are you still alive/sane?) and so we'd have more time to do stuff. Really just didn't have enough time this time to get to everything I wanted or really sit down and play something for an extended period. However, if any of you lot feel like doing something randomly, shoot me an email and let me know, I'll see if I'm free.

sfried
170th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Thu 12 Jun 06:23post reply

My visit is about a week from now. Any updates on the second meeting?

sfried
173th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Possible Maryland/Virginia/etc. get tog" , posted Fri 20 Jun 19:06post reply

Also,any chances you can bring an R2 compatible DVD player? Even your Japanese PS2 might work...