user profileedit/delete message
PSN: beatolover
XBL: Dead
Wii: Dead
STM: bugrom1067
CFN: rugalbgood
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):SF6 lagfest?" , posted Sat 6 Jul 17:58post reply

We can decide that based around what works for people. I’m on vacation now, so I can meet other people’s schedules within reason. Whenever I chose a date and time there was 0 interest/response most of the time, so I’m leaving it pretty open.

Red Falcon
6490th Post

"Re(3):SF6 lagfest?" , posted Sat 6 Jul 18:22post reply

Okay, just throw something out there, how about Sunday night 23:00 Japan time? I think that’s like 10:00 AM Sunday Eastern time in the US?

Red Falcon
6491th Post

"Re(4):SF6 lagfest?" , posted Sun 7 Jul 20:05post reply

That was just an example, but the lack of responses make it pretty clear there’s a lack of interest (considering how good the netcode is now, though, is it even really fair to call it a lagfest anymore? But I digress!)
Anyway, understood!

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: Ishmael26b

"Re(5):SF6 lagfest?" , posted Mon 8 Jul 21:48post reply

quote:
That was just an example, but the lack of responses make it pretty clear there’s a lack of interest (considering how good the netcode is now, though, is it even really fair to call it a lagfest anymore? But I digress!)
Anyway, understood!

It was a busy weekend! Sorry I didn't see this message, there was a holiday around here that gummed up everything. Going 0-2 for a few rounds sounds like jolly fun, so hopefully I can join in soon.

"Re(6):SF6 lagfest?" , posted Tue 9 Jul 18:45post reply

quote:
Anyway, understood!

It was a busy weekend! Sorry I didn't see this message, there was a holiday around here that gummed up everything. Going 0-2 for a few rounds sounds like jolly fun, so hopefully I can join in soon. [AA][/AA]

7am PST is a bit early for me, but I'd give it a go next time

Red Falcon
6492th Post

"Re(7):SF6 lagfest?" , posted Tue 9 Jul 20:49post reply

Ah, that was just a hypothetical time! As I’m on vacation right now I’m totally willing to choose a time that fits people’s schedules, so give me some suggestions!

Red Falcon
6493th Post

"Re(8):SF6 lagfest?" , posted Fri 12 Jul 22:07post reply

So, how about this Saturday morning Japan time 9:30 or 10:00? That should be around 20:00 PM Friday night on the east coast US, I think?

"Re(9):SF6 lagfest?" , posted Sat 13 Jul 05:09post reply

quote:
So, how about this Saturday morning Japan time 9:30 or 10:00? That should be around 20:00 PM Friday night on the east coast US, I think?

I think I could make that time.

"Re(9):SF6 lagfest?" , posted Sat 13 Jul 09:11post reply

quote:

I'm actually not sure which saturday you mean, also where do y'all gather?

Red Falcon
6494th Post

"Re(10):SF6 lagfest?" , posted Sat 13 Jul 10:33post reply

I meant today, but I can do next week too. I have a discord, if you’re interested in chatting while playing, but it usually ends up just being me and Juan there.

Anyway, for example, how about US battle hub 6?

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Re(10):SF6 lagfest?" , posted Tue 16 Jul 07:51post reply

quote:
I meant today, but I can do next week too. I have a discord, if you’re interested in chatting while playing, but it usually ends up just being me and Juan there.

Every time I've considered showing up, something bad/inconvenient happens that guarantees I can't. After suffering multiple internet outages, once spending the day performing emergency home plumbing repairs, severe storms, power outages, finding I had to do some other job, and the like, I took it as a sign...

"Re(3):Re(10):SF6 lagfest?" , posted Tue 16 Jul 13:37post reply

quote:

Every time I've considered showing up, something bad/inconvenient happens that guarantees I can't. After suffering multiple internet outages, once spending the day performing emergency home plumbing repairs, severe storms, power outages, finding I had to do some other job, and the like, I took it as a sign...

Unless you defeat Red Falcon in single combat, every time he summons the dark forces of Dracula Street Fighter, woe will befall you!

Red Falcon
6495th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):SF6 lagfest?" , posted Wed 17 Jul 19:07post reply

quote:

Unless you defeat Red Falcon in single combat, every time he summons the dark forces of Dracula Street Fighter, woe will befall you!

Speaking of challenges, this Saturday, 9:30 AM Japan time/whatever your local time is! Be there! Or not! I’ll be on either way! ✌︎('ω')✌︎

"Re(5):Re(10):SF6 lagfest?" , posted Sun 21 Jul 01:42post reply

quote:

Speaking of challenges, this Saturday, 9:30 AM Japan time/whatever your local time is! Be there! Or not! I’ll be on either way! ✌︎('ω')✌︎

Damn, I missed it! That time frame would have been perfect for me too. It's frustrating that my schedule is currently so erratic, since between Falcon's Dictator and Juan playing Thoroughly Modern Luke the lagfest degeneracy must know no bounds.

Red Falcon
6496th Post

"Sudden lagfest!" , posted Thu 15 Aug 13:43post reply

Considering the typhoon, I’m staying in tomorrow! Anyone interested in playing some SF6 (or Strive?) from Friday 9:30 AM Japan time? Should be Thursday night US East Coast time.

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Sudden lagfest! Sudden return!" , posted Fri 23 Aug 09:14post reply

quote:
Considering the typhoon, I’m staying in tomorrow! Anyone interested in playing some SF6 (or Strive?) from Friday 9:30 AM Japan time? Should be Thursday night US East Coast time.

Hey everybody. After a long hiatus it feels different to be back here but I'm glad. Recently playing some strive online and enjoying it. Would love to be finally part of lagfest.

Red Falcon
6497th Post

"Re(2):Sudden lagfest! Sudden return!" , posted Sat 24 Aug 20:19post reply

quote:

Hey everybody. After a long hiatus it feels different to be back here but I'm glad. Recently playing some strive online and enjoying it. Would love to be finally part of lagfest.

You’re welcome to join up whenever, shoot me a message. Want the discord link?

"Re(3):Sudden lagfest! Sudden return!" , posted Sun 25 Aug 20:08post reply

quote:

You’re welcome to join up whenever, shoot me a message. Want the discord link?

Yes, that would be lovely. How do we DM each other here?

Red Falcon
6499th Post

"Re(4):Sudden lagfest! Sudden return!" , posted Sun 25 Aug 23:20:post reply

quote:

Not necessary!

Edit: I’ll delete the link in a couple of days.

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Tue 27 Aug 15:10]

"Re(5):Sudden lagfest! Sudden return!" , posted Mon 26 Aug 22:33post reply

quote:

Not necessary!

https://discord.gg/5qd9EX3C

Great!Thanks.

PSN: zonepharaoh
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(6):Sudden Oguz" , posted Wed 28 Aug 19:34post reply

quote:

Not necessary!

Great!Thanks.

Welcome back, dude! We miss having you around. I'm eating dinner as I type this and you'd better believe I have some yog(h)urt to the right of the keyboard for later. Last time you dropped in, I recall you were repentant about your past ways and suddenly sensitive, both of which are completely unnecessary on our misfit pirate ship cafe anyway, so I am glad to see you in any mood and any circumstances!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

"Re(7):Sudden Oguz" , posted Mon 7 Oct 23:24post reply

quote:

Not necessary!

Great!Thanks.
Welcome back, dude! We miss having you around. I'm eating dinner as I type this and you'd better believe I have some yog(h)urt to the right of the keyboard for later. Last time you dropped in, I recall you were repentant about your past ways and suddenly sensitive, both of which are completely unnecessary on our misfit pirate ship cafe anyway, so I am glad to see you in any mood and any circumstances!

Thanks for the welcome! Life is a journey and this pirateship was a big part of it! I think, as a queer person myself it's ok to regret past transphobic and internalized homophobic talk I had as a young idiot. I actually saw a retrospective video about KOF MI and Falcoon and how I was a part of that toxic noise. Shame and ironic how I wouldn't think my voice add to it. However past is in the past as long as I own it.The important thing to evolve. Btw I still believe Falcoon's designs (except for Mary and Ash alternates) would work great in a more colorful art style. I feel MI color palette was a bit muted somehow and in a bad way. His designs read better on concept art. Maybe a MI revival in the future? MI2 had the best ever single player ever. Still strong for todays standards.

But then again I'm officially back in SNK/KoF. The thing is boycotts are important. Very much so. However it should be organized and meaningful. Yes, that guy is not a good person at all but why should I punish Japanese or Saudi Arabian artists?
Also one of the reasons why I changed my mind was what that the thing a wise asshole said back then which I didn't really get at the time. This last two years or so it became more obvious to me. I get it. Why do I give a pass to British, American empires countless war crimes, genocides, racism and injustice a pass but quick to protest and boycott an entire country because of a shady government or a ruler. How would that help to the individuals who would bring their country to more just and equal future if anglo-sakson emperialistic culture quick to stomp everything and everyone in those countries.
An example of giving a pass would be that I enjoy Lara Croft eventhough she is a literal tomb raider stealing other countries' cultural artifacts. Pure colonialism propaganda. Since more and more people are aware of British museum's crimes this propaganda is more obvious. I'm sure The Tomb Raider studio didn't eloborately made it as a propaganda but propaganda happens wider sense. Watch the new Doctor Who series episode Dot and Bubble and to see how subtle and long lasting propaganda is. I still like the original Tom Raider series. I guess knowing and speaking out is the way to go on enjoying art or medium by shady countries or societies on the other hand I would never buy anything related Harry Potter even though I love the series, however because the Terf Joan K.Rowling is directly benefitting from it and using her wealth continuously to harm women, cis or trans alike is reason I wont spend a dime on it.

I became political but in the end everything is. My whole neurodivergent- lower middle class (now immigrant -expat if you can fit into that- ;) being is political. This won't stop me enjoying my escapism. Maybe I can try Persona series now.

Aside all that I'm making my own yoghurt with the help of my grandma's recipe. The legend says that the key ingredient is a fig flower! In this Sweden's icy ass zones my fig tree couldn't produce any and hyperfocusing on having a flowering fig tree is not in the cards for now. Although I do use other best available yeast sources. Perfecting the consistency was a challenge so far! But still delicious.
You know what when I die for my funeral or memorial put some yogurt for the stray cats. Less candles and flowers more yogurt. Make sure it's lactosfree and not greek. Anything less than 15% fatty is an insult to the yogurt. No offense to my greek brothers but focus on your delicious seafood instead of claiming our food.

Anyway back to the games. I've never been tournament player level but after few years of not playing fighting games and even more years not touching Guilty Gear, I've been tempted by the sexy vampire dandy daddy Slayer's design and he served. I am literally obsessed with him. Other than the eye candy, his fast tricks and traps really fits my chaotic playstyle. Although I'm not sure on my level but win or lose the matches are fuuun!
I'm thinking of playing some matches tonight or tomorrow morning and this Saturday. Would love to brawl.

quote:

Not necessary!

Great!Thanks.

Thanks for the welcome! Life is a journey and this pirateship was a big part of it! I think, as a queer person myself it's ok to regret past transphobic and internalized homophobic talk I had as a young idiot. I actually saw a retrospective video about KOF MI and Falcoon and how I was a part of that toxic noise. Shame and ironic how I wouldn't think my voice add to it. However past is in the past as long as I own it.The important thing to evolve. Btw I still believe Falcoon's designs (except for Mary and Ash alternates) would work great in a more colorful art style. I feel MI color palette was a bit muted somehow and in a bad way. His designs read better on concept art. Maybe a MI revival in the future? MI2 had the best ever single player ever. Still strong for todays standards.

But then again I'm officially back in SNK/KoF. The thing is boycotts are important. Very much so. However it should be organized and meaningful. Yes, that guy is not a good person at all but why should I punish Japanese or Saudi Arabian artists?
Also one of the reasons why I changed my mind was what that the thing a wise asshole said back then which I didn't really get at the time. This last two years or so it became more obvious to me. I get it. Why do I give a pass to British, American empires countless war crimes, genocides, racism and injustice a pass but quick to protest and boycott an entire country because of a shady government or a ruler. How would that help to the individuals who would bring their country to more just and equal future if anglo-sakson emperialistic culture quick to stomp everything and everyone in those countries.
An example of giving a pass would be that I enjoy Lara Croft eventhough she is a literal tomb raider stealing other countries' cultural artifacts. Pure colonialism propaganda. Since more and more people are aware of British museum's crimes this propaganda is more obvious. I'm sure The Tomb Raider studio didn't eloborately made it as a propaganda but propaganda happens wider sense. Watch the new Doctor Who series episode Dot and Bubble and to see how subtle and long lasting propaganda is. I still like the original Tom Raider series. I guess knowing and speaking out is the way to go on enjoying art or medium by shady countries or societies on the other hand I would never buy anything related Harry Potter even though I love the series, however because the Terf Joan K.Rowling is directly benefitting from it and using her wealth continuously to harm women, cis or trans alike is reason I wont spend a dime on it.

I became political but in the end everything is. My whole neurodivergent- lower middle class (now immigrant -expat if you can fit into that- ;) being is political. This won't stop me enjoying my escapism. Maybe I can try Persona series now.

Aside all that I'm making my own yoghurt with the help of my grandma's recipe. The legend says that the key ingredient is a fig flower! In this Sweden's icy ass zones my fig tree couldn't produce any and hyperfocusing on having a flowering fig tree is not in the cards for now. Although I do use other best available yeast sources. Perfecting the consistency was a challenge so far! But still delicious.
You know what when I die for my funeral or memorial put some yogurt for the stray cats. Less candles and flowers more yogurt. Make sure it's lactosfree and not greek. Anything less than 15% fatty is an insult to the yogurt. No offense to my greek brothers but focus on your delicious seafood instead of claiming our food.

Anyway back to the games. I've never been tournament player level but after few years of not playing fighting games and even more years not touching Guilty Gear, I've been tempted by the sexy vampire dandy daddy Slayer's design and he served. I am literally obsessed with him. Other than the eye candy, his fast tricks and traps really fits my chaotic playstyle. Although I'm not sure on my level but win or lose the matches are fuuun!
I'm thinking of playing some matches tonight or tomorrow morning and this Saturday. Would love to brawl.

quote:

Not necessary!

Great!Thanks.

"Re(8):Sudden Oguz" , posted Wed 9 Oct 03:10post reply

Glad to hear you're doing well! Being able to reconcile the person you are with the person you used to be is a useful life skill, especially when one can leave easily accessible echoes of your past on the world wide web. Maou's archival presentations always make me a bit nervous that he will unearth some past dumbassery of mine that was best left forgotten, but, as you noted, you have to own who you are and who you were.

SNK is one of those companies where the more you know about them, the less you wish you knew. I can certainly understand those who don't want to associate with the games on ethical grounds. But I also recognize that I've indirectly contributed more towards Mohammed bin Salan's coffers by riding in any machine that has an internal combustion engine than I will by playing City of the Wolves. We're all connected in this world, in both good and bad ways.

I really wish I had time for Strive. Every time I looked in on Xrd it seemed to be nothing but Sin endlessly poking people with a flagpole. Strive, however, is Slayer stylishly slugging people through walls. This is what I want from a game. Maybe by spring my life will settle down enough that I can get caught up. Bleh.

quote:
Maybe I can try Persona series now.

Easy now, don't do something foolish!

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris
CFN: n/a
Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(9):Sudden Oguz" , posted Wed 9 Oct 23:50post reply

Since Oguz has stopped by maybe I too will stop by! Hello Cafe, it's been a while. I still lurk every now and then. Glad to see everyone seems to be well (at least as much as the glacial pace of posting will tell me).

I think I might be more inclined to support modern SNK in spite of MbS's connection to it if they could actually make games that look decent, instead of rubbery limbed, dead eyed mid gen Dead or Alive looking characters! I know I can't reasonably expect HD 2D characters in this day and age, but dang, for a financially flush post-90's fighting game maker, they sure don't seem to spend enough on their character renders! Perhaps I'm being needlessly cruel! But probably not-- we've all seen what can be done with 3D characters for close to a decade now with the newer Guilty Gears, so c'mon SNK!

You have to carefully reproduce the world of "Castlevania" in the solemn atmosphere.

"Re(10):Sudden Oguz" , posted Fri 11 Oct 00:20post reply

Welcome Karasu! Nice to inspire lurkers like me! I guess now it's just time to summon whoever we want. Although it's been 84 years so I remember the members when they show up.

On SNK with how City of the Wolves coming along I am hopeful about Samurai Spirits RPG. I do want the the glorious return of Ocho-maru Karakuri the automaton. Not to mention a new Art of Fighting is on the way. It will be very interesting to see the updates on some of the designs. Maybe down the line we might see a new Last Blade or NGBC. As Eagle the first gay guy and Poison the first transwoman in a fighting game (afaik) could SNK have the first openly Bisexual man ever in a fighting game in their roster? I'm keen on the theory that Hyo Amano was coded bisexual! Let's make it official.

Hmmm interesting. Ishmael, NOW I'm more interested in the series. Ah, who am I kidding I still have Resident Evil series on the list. After original 4, except for the Revelation 1 which I was motivated by my scientific research on Chris' sailor uniform, just realized I haven't played any other in the series. I really wanna go through them. So Persona has to wait. Also latest two sprite based fighting games look gorgeous so they also might take priority.

The thing about sexy vampire dandy daddy is that I don't remember him being this hot. Actually his older design almost look generic to me, in a "is that a priest?" kinda way. That update did wonders. He also got buff/thicker/meaty which is always nice. Also the online play is really smooth for me so that helps to get hooked and learn.

Lastly;
Animas perditorum vocavi. Accipe oblationem meam nihilo. Da mihi ludos novos.
Animas perditorum vocavi. Accipe oblationem meam nihilo. Da mihi ludos novos

Red Falcon
6502th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Sudden Oguz" , posted Fri 11 Oct 08:08post reply

quote:
Strive-

What’s your ID? I’ll add you.

"Re(2):Re(10):Sudden Oguz" , posted Mon 14 Oct 02:11post reply

quote:
I think I might be more inclined to support modern SNK in spite of MbS's connection to it if they could actually make games that look decent, instead of rubbery limbed, dead eyed mid gen Dead or Alive looking characters! I know I can't reasonably expect HD 2D characters in this day and age, but dang, for a financially flush post-90's fighting game maker, they sure don't seem to spend enough on their character renders! Perhaps I'm being needlessly cruel! But probably not-- we've all seen what can be done with 3D characters for close to a decade now with the newer Guilty Gears, so c'mon SNK!

Honestly, you're not wrong. SNK still hasn't quite captured the spirit and life of their 2D sprites in 3D. Making a sequel to a gorgeous game like MotW with 3D characters that are very hit or miss isn't helping matters. The feeling that SNK is trying to figure this all out on their own without looking at any other franchises have brought their games into the 21st century was charming at first but now it's confounding.

Speaking of games that properly update their characters...

quote:
The thing about sexy vampire dandy daddy is that I don't remember him being this hot. Actually his older design almost look generic to me, in a "is that a priest?" kinda way. That update did wonders. He also got buff/thicker/meaty which is always nice. Also the online play is really smooth for me so that helps to get hooked and learn.

The addition of the coat on his shoulders was terrific. The little shoulder cloak he originally wore didn't have much presence. The movement of the coat sells his attacks a great deal more, and it gives the suggestion of Dracula-style cape without being so obvious. Poor Baiken is over accessorized, but Slayer has the swagger to pull that look off.

"Re(3):Re(10):Sudden Oguz" , posted Mon 14 Oct 20:30post reply

quote:

Honestly, you're not wrong. SNK still hasn't quite captured the spirit and life of their 2D sprites in 3D. Making a sequel to a gorgeous game like MotW with 3D characters that are very hit or miss isn't helping matters. The feeling that SNK is trying to figure this all out on their own without looking at any other franchises have brought their games into the 21st century was charming at first but now it's confounding.

I think it's wonderful that fighting game developers is in a very mature mindset. Sharing knowledge and cherishing rivalry than being toxic and communicating constantly. Since they tasted being on the extinction and came back multiple times. They understood when one game is healthy whole genre benefits from it. I used to fear that when one favoured art style is so popular that it would take over the others but more and more examples shows that everybody is aware of how important it is to have somewhat unique style. I love Strive's art direction but I don't want everybody to use same style. I adore how SF6 used realistic style but didn't forget using Street Fighters ID in it. Just gorgeous.
quote:

Speaking of games that properly update their characters...

The addition of the coat on his shoulders was terrific. The little shoulder cloak he originally wore didn't have much presence. The movement of the coat sells his attacks a great deal more, and it gives the suggestion of Dracula-style cape without being so obvious. Poor Baiken is over accessorized, but Slayer has the swagger to pull that look off.

I also love the jacket is not used as strategic butt covering. Those bats know how to promote eye candy. Might be the same species Morrigan have. Demitri needs to train his though.

Baiken's accessories overshadowed by her ever-growing hair volume. Every iteration it's getting bigger and bigger.
I think they found a somewhat balance between overdesigned and simplicity. Guilty gear is known for it's busy designs but it works most often than not. I'm not a fan of Chipp with having that giant ropes as a ribbon, though. However maybe it sells the speed of his despite having a ton of rope.

Since Mai's redesign worked, I wonder how it would be for Hokutamaru, Joe, Andy, Mary, Franco and Duck King in City of the Wolves. Guessing they will eventually be in the game.

quote:
ID
I should have it attached to profile,or/and DM you. I'm still super lazy about figuring out the online shenanigans. Still playing Street Fighter 6 offline I noticed.