TGS 2024 and possible Tokyo Meetup? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (228 Views )
nobinobita
1945th Post

user profileedit/delete message
Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"TGS 2024 and possible Tokyo Meetup?" , posted Fri 20 Sep 04:44:post reply

Hey Cafe crew! It's been a while! These last few years have been CRAZY. I hope you all are doing alright!

I will by in Tokyo next week for TGS 2024!
I was wondering if any of you might be free for a cafe meetup!
If you're going to be at TGS please let me know!

I will be at TGS to promote my upcoming game, Lost and Found Co!
My team has been pouring their hearts into this game. I genuinely think it's the best hidden object game ever made! And thankfully we've gotten a really great response from fans and press since we put our demo out on Steam!

We will actually have two booths at TGS!

One is with the Thai Pavilion in Hall 8 [08-N09]. Me and 2 other folks from Bit Egg (Nat, the game director and Son, the lead level designer) will be manning the booth. So if you're at TGS please come say hi (and get some snacks and prizes!)

Our game will also be on display in the indie games section. This booth will be run by our Chinese publisher, Gamera Games (they're great!). They're super passionate folks. If you want to know about the Chinese games industry, I highly recommend you chat them up, they're incredibly nice, knowledgable and passionate! (I'll update with their booth info as soon as I find it...)

Before TGS, I'll be attending the Tokyo Indies Meetup in Akihabara on Weds September 25, 2024
The event is from 19:00-23:00 and there's an entree fee of 1500 yen that includes 1 drink
More info here:
https://x.com/tokyo_indies/status/1829069035008610733
I think this might be the best time/place to do a Cafe Meetup if y'all are interested.

The rest of my schedule is pretty packed!

I'll definitely be at TGS on Thursday and Friday (Sept 26 & 27) from 10am-5pm.
Saturday and Sunday I miiiiight be able to get away from the show for a bit, but not totally sure.

Ill be flying out early Monday morning.
Somewhere in there I MUST visit the Tezuka x Capcom exhibit! I just need to figure out where...

Anyway oh man it feels good to be posting here again! I haven't posted in ages, but I have actually managed to meet a lot of you IRL these last few years. I hope to make that happen again soon!

www.art-eater.com

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Fri 20 Sep 04:46]

Replies:

Platinum Carpet V.I.P Requiem

"Re(1):TGS 2024 and possible Tokyo Meetup?" , posted Fri 20 Sep 05:03post reply

Gah, won't be there unfortunately, but sending lots of good wishes that everything goes well and you manage to meet good people! Needless to say Lost and Found Co was already in my wishlist, muaha.

I haven't been travelling much lately, but I absolutely need to do more effort to meet more of ya'll (that means, more effort to convince my feline overlords to allow me to stop serving them for a couple of days).

Red Falcon
6499th Post

PSN: beatolover
XBL: Dead
Wii: Dead
STM: bugrom1067
CFN: rugalbgood
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):TGS 2024 and possible Tokyo Meetup?" , posted Fri 20 Sep 09:18post reply

Unfortunately I’m extremely busy until around October 4th, otherwise I’d absolutely go down to meet up. >_<

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Nobi Nobi Boy" , posted Sun 22 Sep 02:34post reply

Lord Nobinton! I will gladly explore that Capcom exhibit and maybe wander outside drinking and eating things on some not-too-warm weekday night, it is festival season! We can LINE about this, but anyone else who is around or in town, let us know here!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...
nobinobita
1945th Post

"Re(2):TGS 2024 and possible Tokyo Meetup?" , posted Mon 23 Sep 02:57post reply

quote:
Gah, won't be there unfortunately, but sending lots of good wishes that everything goes well and you manage to meet good people! Needless to say Lost and Found Co was already in my wishlist, muaha.

I haven't been travelling much lately, but I absolutely need to do more effort to meet more of ya'll (that means, more effort to convince my feline overlords to allow me to stop serving them for a couple of days).

Aw thanks so much Iggy!! Thank you for supporting LnF! Please remember you always have a friend in Chiang Mai (and Bangkok too!). I look forward to the next time we meet! I hope that's sooner than later! I'll see if maybe there's an upcoming game industry thing in your neck of the woods!

www.art-eater.com
nobinobita
1946th Post

"Re(1):Nobi Nobi Boy" , posted Mon 23 Sep 03:08post reply

quote:
Unfortunately I’m extremely busy until around October 4th, otherwise I’d absolutely go down to meet up. >_<

Ah nuts! I'm sorry I'll miss you this time! No worries though, I'll be back! Thank you for that FANTASTIC dinner last time we met up! I'll always remember that! (also watching you kick that dude's ass with Potemkin when we went to the arcade!)

quote:
Lord Nobinton! I will gladly explore that Capcom exhibit and maybe wander outside drinking and eating things on some not-too-warm weekday night, it is festival season! We can LINE about this, but anyone else who is around or in town, let us know here!

Yesssssssssss. YESSSSSSSSSSS!!! It's gonna be glorious!! It'll be so good to see you again dude!

Update:
I'll be going to the Tokyo Indies Meetup on Weds, Sep 25, 2024
Time: 19:00-23:00
Admission: ¥1500 (includes 1 drink)
More info:https://x.com/tokyo_indies/status/1829069035008610733

www.art-eater.com
NEO0R0CHIAKU
649th Post

PSN: ShikyohMukuro
XBL: IAMDC1
STM: N/A
CFN: n/a
Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):TGS 2024 and possible Tokyo Meetup?" , posted Wed 25 Sep 01:33post reply

Congrats on the new game Nobi. All the success.

quote:
Hey Cafe crew! It's been a while! These last few years have been CRAZY. I hope you all are doing alright!

My team has been pouring their hearts into this game. I genuinely think it's the best hidden object game ever made! And thankfully we've gotten a really great response from fans and press since we put our demo out on Steam!

One is with the Thai Pavilion in Hall 8 [08-N09]. Me and 2 other folks from Bit Egg (Nat, the game director and Son, the lead level designer) will be manning the booth. So if you're at TGS please come say hi (and get some snacks and prizes!)

Our game will also be on display in the indie games section. This booth will be run by our Chinese publisher, Gamera Games (they're great!). They're super passionate folks. If you want to know about the Chinese games industry, I highly recommend you chat them up, they're incredibly nice, knowledgable and passionate! (I'll update with their booth info as soon as I find it...)

Before TGS, I'll be attending the Tokyo Indies Meetup in Akihabara on

-- Message too long, Autoquote has been Snipped --

Long Live I AM!

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: Ishmael26b

"Re(2):TGS 2024 and possible Tokyo Meetup?" , posted Wed 25 Sep 09:19post reply

Small wonder you're traveling all the way to Tokyo to promote that game, it looks wonderful!

nobinobita
1947th Post

"Re(3):TGS 2024 and possible Tokyo Meetup?" , posted Thu 26 Sep 23:32post reply

quote:
Congrats on the new game Nobi. All the success.

quote:
Small wonder you're traveling all the way to Tokyo to promote that game, it looks wonderful!

NEO0R0CHIAKU, Ishmael, thank you so much! The team behind Lost and Found Co are wonderful people. It's such a cozy game because they are such cozy nice, super passionate and focused people making it! All of us are so glad that people are connecting with the game!

www.art-eater.com
Red Falcon
6500th Post

"Re(4): You still in Tokyo?" , posted Sun 29 Sep 02:49post reply

I’m free today if you’re still around!

Nobinobita
1948th Post

"Re(5): You still in Tokyo?" , posted Sun 29 Sep 13:46post reply

quote:

I'm still at Tokyo Game Show today helping to man our booth. It's CRAZY out there! Today's the last say so I've got to stick around and help take things down and move em back to my hotel.

I'm staying in Nippori and I have an early flight to catch tomorrow so here's the plan:

MMCafe Karaoke Party in Nippori!
We will get dinner in the area then do some singing and partying!

Exact Venue: TBT
Start time: Around 8pm

Sorry things are so vague right now!
I'll update with more concrete details as they come!

www.art-eater.com
Nobinobita
1949th Post

"Re(6): You still in Tokyo?" , posted Sun 29 Sep 17:39post reply

quote:

I'm still at Tokyo Game Show today helping to man our booth. It's CRAZY out there! Today's the last say so I've got to stick around and help take things down and move em back to my hotel.

I'm staying in Nippori and I have an early flight to catch tomorrow so here's the plan:

MMCafe Karaoke Party in Nippori!
We will get dinner in the area then do some singing and partying!

Exact Venue: TBT
Start time: Around 8pm

Sorry things are so vague right now!
I'll update with more concrete details as they come!

OK. Some more concrete plans!

MMCafe post TGS Karaoke Party!

When: 7pm till late (but not so late you can't catch a train!)

Where: meet at Nippori Station and figure things out from there

We currently have a LINE chat going. Maese and Maou are already in there! If you're in touch with them they can give you more details. Or add me on line at:

Eggtip

See y'all soon!!

www.art-eater.com
Red Falcon
6501th Post

"Re(7): You still in Tokyo?" , posted Mon 30 Sep 08:20post reply

I missed this until this morning. Damnit. w

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):TGS 2024 and possible Tokyo Meetup?" , posted Mon 7 Oct 23:34post reply

quote:

One is with the Thai Pavilion in Hall 8 [08-N09]. Me and 2 other folks from Bit Egg (Nat, the game director and Son, the lead level designer) will be manning the booth. So if you're at TGS please come say hi (and get some snacks and prizes

-- Message too long, Autoquote has been Snipped --

Just drooped in to say the game looks wonderful. Packed with details. Lovely art direction. Definitely will put in wishlist.